History and Mission of
Walker Glass from 1942 to today
Established in Montreal in 1942, the company has strived from its inception to deliver products and services of the highest quality at a competitive cost.
Walker Glass' six-decade evolution into one of the major independent mirror manufacturers in North America is sprinkled with milestones. In the 1960s, the company opened a brand-new manufacturing plant that included an 84-inch silvering conveyor and during the next decade, doubled the size of this facility. The 1980s saw the company introduce stoce mirror to the marketplace, along with the addition of a 100-inch double-coat silvering conveyor to its Montreal plant. In the 1990s, Walker Glass became certified under ISO9002 and adopted the Kaisen process of value-added manufacturing. In the early 2000s the company once again doubled its plant size, now occupying 200,000 square feet of space and has introduced the Walker TexturesTM line of acid-etched glass and mirror. In 2009, Walker Glass realized yet another important achievement by becoming ISO 9001-2000 certified.
Since its inception, Walker's goal has remained essentially the same; to stay small enough to be responsive and innovative, yet large enough to be efficient and competitive.
To foster a dynamic team of people in an ethical and enjoyable working environment dedicated to innovative development, production and distribution of quality glass and mirror products, in the pursuit of our customers' complete satisfaction.
Walker Glass Co. Ltd.
9551 Ray Lawson Blvd.
Montreal, Quebec H1J 1L5 Canada
Toll Free: 1-888-320-3030